Earn an income while providing care for your mentally impaired/non self-directing child.
Raising a developmentally disabled child can take a toll on parents physically, emotionally and financially. However, obtaining a benefit known as Protective Supervision can significantly lessen this burden. Protective Supervision makes it possible for the parent of a mentally impaired/non self-directing child to leave full-time employment (or bar themselves from full-time employment) in order to provide care for their disabled child.
What is Protective Supervision? Start here if you don’t know what Protective Supervision is.
How to get Protective Supervision. If you would like to learn how to get Protective Supervision.
* Current California law makes obtaining Protective Supervision very difficult to receive at a young age, but progressively easier as the child grows older.
Denied Protective Supervision?
If you’ve already applied for Protective Supervision and have been denied, then continue reading and watch the following video. If you have questions about your denial and would like the help of an advocate, you can contact us here.
Watch this short IHSS video to learn why families are denied protective supervision. This video is the first installment in a series of informative tutorials designed to assist those families interested in pursuing IHSS services on their own, on behalf of their developmentally disabled children.
How we can help
IHSSadvocates provides families with comprehensive representation and advocacy services in their quest to obtain Protective Supervision. And as a result, a significant majority of our clients receive Protective Supervision benefits at a much younger age than they would without using an advocate. Our vision is to see the number of eligible families receiving Protective Supervision increase significantly. Since it’s inception in August, 2010, IHSSadvocates has contracted with hundreds of families and have a 96% success rate. We have obtained millions of dollars in benefits for its client families.
No fee is paid unless we win your case and no deposit is required.
If you’ve applied for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) and have been denied Protective Supervision, please contact us. Protective Supervision is the most powerful resource of them all, and is clearly worth fighting for. We are here to guide you step-by-step.
Why Choose IHSSadvocates
- We do not collect a fee unless we win your case
- 600+ denials overturned since 2010
- 10+ years experience
- Our fee is less than 4 months of your 8 month retro payment (typical in most cases) that you won’t have unless you win your appeal.
- Typical IHSS benefits over a 3 year period can exceed $100,000. After we win your case, for 3 years, we will provide services that may be required in the event that your benefits are in jeopardy.
- Given our experience with the courts, and expertise gained over the years, we can organize and present your case to the ALJs in a fashion that is easy for them to follow. We take out all the leg work for you.
Click the button below to get a free advocate evaluation of your child’s IHSS Protective Supervision case.
Or call us at (949)-449-2089 for a free consultation.